|This Campaign Has Ended|
My name is Jackson Mearl. I am the current Chief Ambassador, Chairman of the Joint Command Council, and the Deputy Chairman of the Union Party. I've been with the Triumvirate since April of 2012, serving in the Administrative Branch for three and a half trimesters, one of which as Deputy speaker, and then serving in the Executive Branch starting in July of 2013, where I've served until today.
I served on the Joint Command Council, originally appointed by Major Executive Maine, and became Chairman of the Joint Command Council on July 1, appointed by Major Executive Maine and the Executive Branch again. I have been involved in key defense and security decisions under Major Executive Maine, helping frame the WEB Act and the ARMED Act. I was the leader of Triumvirate expropriation forces during the Expropriation of the Clan Wiki, for which I received the Distinguished Defensive Service Award. I have also been the leader of Triumvirate forces in the continued war against Desolare.
As Chief Ambassador I helped secure the first treaty with the Occidental Coalition, now our strongest ally. I also have been heavily involved in working with Pania in their struggle with the tyrannical Desolare and in spreading the word of the Triumvirate abroad.
Since joining the Triumvirate, I've been a proud supporter of business, helping make sure that companies like General Media, General Defense, and First Nation Consulting remain unhindered and successful. I've been a supporter of the traditional ideals of an elite Executive Branch and a populist Administration. I've been an ardent supporter of foreign actions, propping up diplomacy and doing what I can to make sure that the Triumvirate maintains a strong international presence.
Why do I tell you this and remind you all of my life's story? Because today I announce to you that I am the Union Party's candidate for Major Executive and, by May, I hope to be serving you all as your next Major Executive.
1. The number one priority of the Triumvirate should be its defense and security. We've learned many times that we are not alone and that we should be prepared. As Chairman of the Joint Command Council and as Chief Ambassador, I know this better than most. The Triumvirate should have a commander-in-chief who has experience in the area they are most necessary for: defense.
2. Business makes the world go round. As a member of the Union Party and a close friend to the Ehtyas and other business ventures I've helped keep the private sector free and flowing, making our economy vibrant and diverse. The government shouldn't interfere with the private sector, it should make sure that private businesses can compete and do well on their own.
3. Traditional government is smart government. If someone were to ask me why the Triumvirate has been so successful, the first answer I have is because of its unique form of government. I know from serving in both the Executive and Administrative branches that there are merits to each and that the branches are separate for a reason. The Executive Branch should elect qualified individuals and be elite, the Administration is meant to protect the people from elite decisions of the Executive Branch. The Major Executive should be elected by the Executive Branch just as the Speaker should be elected by the Administrative Branch. I believe Zerouh and Arnold Ogamon knew what they were doing when they designed the government, and it's worked so far, why fix what is not broken?
4. International affairs are the future of the Triumvirate. My brother, former Speaker of the Administration Andrew Mearl, and I used to have many debates as to what the role of the Triumvirate in foreign affairs was. He was a die-hard isolationist, and I was a die-hard interventionist. I believe that putting ourselves out there, being heard, being a voice in the international community, will improve our stature and bring in economic benefits (not to mention benefits in terms of new members).
- Aaron Ehtya, Administrator, CEO of General Media and General Defense: "As a business owner, I can tell you right now that Jackson Mearl is the best candidate for Major Executive. He promotes international cooperation in economies, which is good for business, and he doesn't treat business as the enemy. I have full faith in his leadership and I cannot wait to see him as the next Major Executive of the Universal Triumvirate."
- Clark McDearny, Senator: "I support Jackson Mearl to be the Union Party's first ever Major Executive, he has the experience and the guts to be the right leader for the Triumvirate"
- Harrison Mearl, Administrator: "I endorse Chief Ambassador Mearl as the leader for the Triumvirate in the coming election. Mearl for Major!"
- Andrew Mearl, former Speaker of the Administration: "Make the smart choice in voting for the Major Executive and elect my brother, Jackson Mearl. His time in the Triumvirate and his loyalty to the cause makes him the Triumvirate's man for 2014"
- Satine Ehtya, Head of Naturalization: "I know I'll be voting for Jackson Mearl as the next Major Executive, with his background, patience, and understanding of security and foreign affairs you'd be crazy not to vote for him"