The Department of Commerce Weekly Bulletin is the selected financial and economic news from the Head of Commerce and Industry. The Head of Commerce personally releases notes on the Triumvirate and RuneScape economies so that Triumvirate members can benefit from the information the Head of Finance has compiled. You can find news, updates, and investment options for the coming week. It is released every Sunday.
Bulletin 06.06.2015 - 12.06.2015 Edit
A fair few things this week. The rejection of the minimum wage was disappointing, and I concur with the Major Executive in saying that I fully intend to continue pushing for fair wages for fair work. A minimum wage wouldn't be harmful to our economy, and in fact would stimulate entry into the workforce at a time when more movement of money and more participants in the economy is so important for development. The proposed wage wasn't so high as to be onerous for essentially anyone. It should return, and I believe it will return.
That being said, this week wasn't all bad news on the legislative front at all! We passed the SIFIMI act, empowering TDC to monitor and regulate systemically important financial institutions, giving our economy greater stability and oversight. I'd like to thank all those who worked on drafting this legislation (as it was mostly done when I took office!) and all those who cosponsored and voted for it. We're better off for having done this, but hopefully we'll never encounter circumstances in which many of the tools in the act will have to be used. Knowing we have those tools, however, will make such a crisis less likely as people will have more confidence in the stability of the financial system.
It's been a good week for Aaron Ehtya, all in all. Fresh off his victory in the courts over the "General" brandname, Ehtya opened the next institution in this series with the announcement of the new General Bank. The institution hasn't opened for business yet, but with the backing of the Triumvirate's richest man, it's sure to become a prominent player in the economy. His Business Standardisation Act, framed with Howard Coleson- and cosponsored by, among others, myself- has passed the EB and been tabled by the Speaker, where it will likely pass. This act will provide much-needed clarity on the registration of IOFs, and will hopefully provide an easy platform to build on in the process of diversifying our economy into innovative forms of business.
Runescape is a thing that I am apparently meant to report on. Here is my latest update on the Runescape economy: party hats are expensive, people want you to make fire, and I haven't played Runescape since 2008. The Treasury, still, has a load of Runescape gold which you can buy with your tri. If you're into Runescape, I'd highly urge you to avail of this valuable service.
Thanks for reading! --Anna
Bulletin 29.06.2015 - 05.06.2015 Edit
Just settling into my new role this week. Lots of checks have been written since I took office. Lots of promising things happening in the economy. Jackson Eden is one to watch out for, real determined guy. Check out his stuff. Corporate Corporation has opened its doors again as well.
I decided to post a public comment thread on the forums, which has got a whole lot of responses. If you haven't seen it yet, or if you have a suggestion or question for me, you should go there and ask me about it. I'll keep updating and responding to messages there, as well as in my inbox.
Discussing some exciting plans for coordination with Hester at the Treasury that will hopefully make both of us better able to help your economy prosper.
Runescape is a thing that I am apparently meant to report on. Here is my latest update on the Runescape economy: party hats are expensive, people want you to make fire, and I haven't played Runescape since 2008. The Treasury has a load of Runescape gold which you can buy with your tri. If you're into Runescape, I'd highly urge you to avail of this valuable service.
I've decided to bring this back as a place where I'll give casual thoughts on what's happened this week. The exact frequency and character of the messages might change, but I do intend to update people as much as is possible.
This week has been phenomenal. I've been clearing checks like crazy every single day. I prefer for the Triumvirate to be up to date on the records and transactions. I believe it would help us most if they were. I hope you believe as well.
Now for the economic status of everything. Above all, I believe that recruiting could do a lot for the Triumvirate right now, and at the same time make a decent amount of Tri. It isn't bad work. Pulling in members for the Union will really help.
If we were still associated with Runescape, I would give policies on that as well. Either way, recruiting will bring in tri for you, and at the same time help us all. -Vulpes Arenas
Bulletin 6.30.14-7.13.14 Edit
Today I learned how to do my job. I figure that I should put myself to do more work, for I know I can do more in such a position. But for now, I sit and think.
Anyway, it seems that more and more people are investing in stocks. Keep doing that. Investing in our businesses are going to help us no matter what. Unless there is a monopoly on a certain thing, which will not help at all.
Sorry for the constant changes! I will for sure be updating it all daily! Thanks for bearing with me up to this point, guys. If you have any questions, please contact me. Thanks. -Vulpes Arenas
Bulletin 6.22.14-6.29.14 Edit
So, today is my first change in the Weekly Bulletin in a while. For now, I am trying to get a feel of everything. I must thank you all for electing me to this chair within the Triumvirate, I am very honored. I'll try to keep it short, sweet, and simple.
So, with the exclusion of Runescape and all things that deal with it, I will not be posting those sorts of things like there had been in the past. I will be strictly posting on the Triumvirate economics unless other events or amendments are added. Also, since the TTI has been abolished, I will not be posting on that as well.
Next, I would like to open myself to all business leaders to come seek me for advice and/or help me get a feel for this new position better. It would be a great opportunity for me to meet you and things of that nature. Getting used to people is always a good thing, whether liberal or conservative, it matters not.
Thanks for reading everyone, and I hope to be the Head of Commerce and Industry that you wish for me to be.
Bulletin 4.29.13- 5.6.13Edit
Yet again with the TTI, no change. This is bad bad news, as it hasnt changed in over 4 weeks. (Shoker!). My advice for this week is the same as the last. Without work, no money can be made, and no more increase in the cap. Also for corporations, make some new products that members will buy. No use in stagnating your bussiness' so Tri's that you hold cannot circulate.
Runescape advice for the day. Runes! Runes of all sorts. Fires have been increasing steadily. keep them for a month and flip them for a profit of up to 300k depending on how many you buy. This is the easiest way to make money, and its also the beggars poor way :p.
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
Chancellor Lanc 00:38, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
Bulletin 4.23.13 - 4. 28.13Edit
The TTI has stayed the same for almost the past 3 weeks, so not much of an improvement upon the economy is being made. This shows future halt and maybe even stagnation in the Tri's circulating. Remember citizens, recruit to earn Tri's, and perform jobs.
My advice for this week: WORK! Lol, the Tri's need to be circulating again. The best company out there right now is GM with over the 1000 Tri mark. Props and kudos to them. I would suggest investing 2/3 of your money into them if you want to be risky for a profit, 1/3 if your sneaky and like to get a relativily fair share. Also, CC is on the rise as well, almost nearing the 900 Tri mark. This company could use sponsors, and who knows, investing in them may prove worth it.
Runescape gold! Invest in regular logs and black chainskirt (g). Regular logs are more valuable than maple nowadays, (ikr?!) and they sell rather quickly. Also, balck chainskirt (g) have been rising steadily since January. Buy buy buy, and merch merch merch. From rags to iches in less than 3 months... Lol.
Thanks guys, come back next week!
Chancellor Lanc 20:55, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
Bulletin 5.13.12 - 5.20.12Edit
The TTI closed this week capping at an amazing ∇94! Good week in my opinion. That General Media is bringing in the dough! My advice for this week is to get involved in that company! Become an employee, buy their products, make a partnership, any or all of it! That company is single-handedly stimulating the entire Triumvirate economy and I know for a fact that they're looking for employees.
This next week we'll see a new company starting: Corporate Corporation, it's owned by Andrew Hester the new Head of the Treasury and while I won't make any guarantees since I don't know very much about what all it'll be doing, I expect that the company will do pretty well.
Biggest news this week is that the government reduced the value of the tri to 10,000 RSGP (or $0.05), in doing this they doubled the amount of tri in circulation so you will all find that you have double the tri in your accounts than you thought you might have lol.
That about sums it up, have a great week everybody! Stavrok 05:10, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 4.29.12 - 5.6.12Edit
One successful week of the economy working down, hundreds of more to come! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and that the two businesses we have so far are doing well. The TTI has capped at ∇16 with General Media making ∇22 this week and First Nation Consulting making ∇10. Both companies look like they'll do pretty well so far, so I have high expectations for each of them!
What can you do to make money this week? Start a business! You can get help from this page and there's a lot of opportunity for expansion, even our ally, Emperor Hester, is considering starting a business in the Triumvirate once an adjustment to the finance policy is passed. As soon as possible I want to get up to around five businesses, and I'm thinking the TTI market will cap around ∇100 before slowing down the way I can see things going. Stavrok 05:44, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 4.22.12 - 4.29.12Edit
Well guess what everyone! It's finally here, the economy! So excuse me if I don't focus on just RS for one week, this week is all about the Triumvirate. You should find your account with the money you were due if you made an investment, and a few people have began making businesses. It's very exciting and incredible how far we've come. I'll introduce two of the businesses that are out now and talk a little bit about what can be expected from now on.
- General Media: this is the company set up by my good friend Ehtya. It's a publishing, media, and news company that he says will eventually be selling products like newspapers and publishing assistance. I am really looking forward to seeing this one come up.
- First Nation Consulting: Another longtime Triumvirate member, Ermier, has made a business. His business, First Nation Consulting, is a legal consulting company that performs a variety of services like making cases, hiring a lawyer, getting legal advice, and anything else law related.
What's to be expected? Well, businesses will start to provide you services, the TDC:Transactions page will get much more full of people making transactions, spending, and participating in our economic system!
Good luck everybody! Make your own businesses! Or become an employee at one of the ones that is open! See you next week! Stavrok 21:59, April 22, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 4.15.12 - 4.22.12Edit
Back to doing a regular bulletin, this week I have some overdue ideas for you.
- Corrupt Dragon Scimitar has plummeted, it's at about 2.2 million and might go up as much as a million eventually. Buy it fast and you'll make a lot of money most likely.
- Staff of fire has also crashed, it follows a regular cycle in terms of crashing a growing. I'd recommend not buying too many since it's sort of a specialty item rather than a bulk item but if you buy a few you'll have a good payback when it goes back up.
- Some peaking items to sell quickly: Burnt bones, black medium helm, raw pike, and mind talismans.
Talk to you all next week! Stavrok 17:04, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 4.8.12 - 4.15.12Edit
Once again, I apologize for having no bulletin this week, I've been swamped with preparing for the release of the full economic system. Watch the countdown on the main page, my estimates are that by this weekend at a minimum and next weekend at a maximum we'll be ready! Feel free to contact me personally so that I can help you out individually with any investments you might make. I'd also like to take this time to suggest you consider starting a business, you can see TDC:Starting a Business for help on how to do so! Stavrok 23:47, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 4.1.12 - 4.8.12Edit
Bulletin 3.25.12 - 4.1.12Edit
Well I'm on Spring Break this week so I'm hoping to get a lot of the things I need to do actually done. Helping Arnold out with the Triumvirate Trade Index is a big thing I'll be doing.
Heads up: I'm hiring! I'm looking for a Deputy Head of Finance. A second in command. Send me an email with your qualifications if you're interested, my email is Stavrokfinancial@gmail.com so just let me know.
Here's some investment advice for this week:
- Maple logs are coming back up it looks like! They're back at 22, I'm hoping to see them go up to at least 30.
- As you probably noticed, the entire fish market has crashed pretty badly. Which means it's a good time to invest in them because they'll go back up eventually. Don't sell your swordfish or lobsters yet, wait for them to get back up!
- Vials of water have crashed too... be really careful about these though. When you compare it to the price of vials you'll see they've both gone down a lot due to overspeculation and various updates - it is my personal advice that you do not invest in either.
- Iron ore is going down, watch it for a while, when it hits pretty low it might be a good idea to buy some and wait for the price to go back up.
- Here's a few ones that look like they've peaked, sell them pretty soon: feathers, body talisman, cadava berries, and uncooked pies.
I hope those will serve you well, have a great week everybody! Stavrok 23:05, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 3.18.12 - 3.25.12Edit
- Buy both water and earth runes! They're both really low right now so act fast, I've bought about 100,000 of each so I'll make a killing when they start to rise even if it's just a little rise.
- Swordfish have crashed, buy whenever you think they've hit a low (I'm guessing anywhere between 250 to 300 RSGP) and watch 'em bounce back to about 500 RSGP each. That's basically double your investment!
- Here's some peaking items, sell them fast: Uncut diamonds, wine of zamorak, mithril ore, gold bar, and black kiteshields.
May the market be good to your investments and don't forget you can always email me if you've got any questions about other investments! Stavrok 19:14, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 3.11.12 - 3.18.12Edit
As usual, a few items to invest in:
- Buy some earth runes! Clan manipulation has driven those things to really low rates! They're starting to go back up though so buy fast!
- Gold trimmed wizard hat and robe: with rare expensive items there is a lot of risk in investing, but these have both bottomed and they look like they're starting to rise. They each cost about 1.1 million.
- The following have peaked, so sell quick if you have them: Saradomin armor of almost any type (kiteshield, legs, body, etc.), air staffs, bear fur, and mithril ore.
The time to invest in the Triumvirate is running out! 60% has already been accounted for! Get your bid in fast!
That's all for this week, have a good one! Stavrok 04:41, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
Stavrok 04:41, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 3.4.12 - 3.11.12Edit
Hope you're all having a great week, now that we're no longer under attack, things are looking up!
Here's some good RS investment ideas for this week:
- Guthix Kiteshield is bottomed out and starting to rise again, might make some good cash if you buy fast!
- If you've invested in the following objects, sell soon, they've peaked: Herring, bear fur, copper ore, team capes, adamantite bars, or burnt bones.
- Great tip: ashes. Pick up ashes from people training firemaking and sell 'em. Ashes are at a near alltime high right now and it's a great and easy way to make a few thousand in just a few minutes.
Unfortunately the Maple Logs have continued to be flatlined (except today they dropped another GP), I'm still holding out that these things will come back really strong).
It's still a safe, very profitable, investment option to invest in the Triumvirate. The payback is guaranteed and at a 5% rate (which might go up with the amendment to the finance code I'm proposing). Have a great week everybody! Stavrok 19:21, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
Bulletin 2.19.12 - 2.26.12Edit
The first TDF bulletin!
This week we've got a load of ideas for you so read up and make some money!
For those who play RS, here are a few good investment ideas:
- MAPLE LOGS! These things will be HOT eventually. They're at an alltime low right now (20 GP!), if you buy them low they'll go up eventually and you'll make about 50% profit which is awesome. I'd consider this a somewhat risky investment but it's the investment that'll pay off the best.
- If you want to make a very safe investment, buy a few dozen runite ore. They're at a pretty low amount right now (10,300 GP) and they fluctuate quite a lot each day. Wait for them to get to 10,700 and you've made a bit!
- Buckets might do well. I invested a bit in buckets. They've bottomed out, it could take weeks to months for them to bounce back up but the exchange would be very good. Another moderate-high risk investment.
- I know I just made a killing in chaos runes but don't invest in those, the price just went up enough that you'll probably lose quite a bit if you invest now. I bought when they were low.
One of the best, very safe, investment options out there is investing your GP in the Triumvirate. You get a guaranteed 5% increase in pay, it's a patriotic thing to do, and you'll start out with some headway in the Triumvirate economy. My good friend Ehtya is investing plenty and he'll start out as one of the richest people in the Triumvirate.
That's all for this week, I hope you invest well and make some money! Stavrok out! Stavrok 19:11, February 20, 2012 (UTC)