A Trimester is an essential part of the scheduling and organization for the Triumvirate. The Triumvirate government, businesses, citizens, and almost everything else, rely on the trimester schedule to where each trimester, specific events occur. There are three trimesters each year, and they are identified by naming the year followed by which trimester within the year they are (Ex. 2013-II, would be the second trimester of 2013, which is between May 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013).
- First Trimester: January 1 - April 30
- Section Trimester: May 1 - August 31
- Third Trimester: September 1 - December 31
Each trimester shares the same schedule for the most part (with exceptions for holidays, which only occur once per year). It proceeds roughly like so (* Indicates "not required", but generally kept to):
TRIMESTER BEGINS, FIRST DAY OF THE TRIMESTER (January 1, May 1, or September 1)
- New Administrative Branch enters office
- Major Executive is sworn in, both Major and Minor Executive take office for the trimester
- Senator takes office
- The Department of the Treasury will publish taxes owed
WITHIN FIRST WEEK OF TRIMESTER (January 1 - January 8, May 1 - May 8, September 1 - September 8)
- Businesses will pay their taxes to the Department of the Treasury
- The Department of the Treasury will send out checks to provide funds to government institutions, those with trimester government contracts, and government offices for the trimester.
- Government employees (such as the Chief of Staff) are paid for their work in the past trimester
WITHIN FIRST TWO WEEKS OF TRIMESTER (January 1 - January 15, May 1 - May 15, September 1 - September 15)
- The Major Executive will generally select their Chief of Staff*
- The Executive Branch and Administrative Branch will go about making appointments to Committees for the trimester. Committees are permitted to start meeting once two weeks have passed since the onset of the trimester and once all appointments to the committee have been made.
WITHIN FIRST MONTH OF TRIMESTER (January 1 - January 31, May 1 - May 31, September 1 - September 30)
WITHIN TWO WEEKS BEFORE MID-TRIMESTER (February 14 - February 28, June 16 - June 30, October 17 - October 31)
- The Major Executive will nominate an individual to become Chairman of the Joint Command Council, which the Executive Branch will vote upon.
MID-TRIMESTER (March 1, July 1, November 1)
- The Chairman of the Joint Command Council's term begins
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIMESTER (April 1, August 1, December 1)
- All candidates for the Administrative Branch must be registered
- All candidates for Senator must be registered
- Candidates for Major Executive announce their candidacy
THREE WEEKS BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIMESTER (April 9, August 10, December 10)
- Elections for the Administrative Branch and for Senator for the next trimester begin, Triumvirate members have until two weeks before the end of the trimester to cast their ballots
TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIMESTER (April 16, August 17, December 17)
- Elections for Administrative Branch and Senator for the coming trimester close, within the next few days the election results will be published.
- The election for Major Executive begins (which can take anywhere from one day to a few days to finish)
- Once a Major Executive is elected, the election for Minor Executive begins (which can take anywhere from one day to a few days to finish)
- Administrative Liaison begins the election process for Speaker of the Administration and the Underspeaker for the coming trimester (which can take anywhere from a day to a few days to finish)
WITHIN LAST WEEK OF THE TRIMESTER (April 23 - April 30, August 24 - August 31, December 24 - December 31)